Chesterton AWC808 95 Thermoplastic Technology Provides Durable Sealing
A.W. Chesterton introduces new AWC808 95 Shore A durometer thermoplastic polyurethane (AU) technology specifically designed to provide a high value, cost-effective sealing solution for standard fluid power applications in general and heavy industries. Due to its physical characteristics and chemical composition, the material is universally applicable for hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders. AWC808 is available in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
Chesterton AWC808 has a durometer of 95 Shore A hardness, and high tensile strength improves material resistance against mechanical stress/impact, pressure load and high-energy radiation. The wear resistance and good friction properties offer improved reliability versus conventional rubber-based products, helping to extend cylinder mean time between repair (MTBR), according to the company. Its long-term elastic memory increases sealing preload which helps to ensure maximum performance even when exposed to low system pressure.
- Designed for industry-standard applications in heavy industry: metal forming, wood based, injection molding, tire, hydropower
- High durometer: High resistance against mechanical stress/impact, stress load and high-energy radiation (shock load)
- Thermoplastic material provides superior wear and abrasion resistance.
- Hydrolysis resistant (water-based hydraulic fluids and outdoor applications)
- Superior chemical resistance
- Petroleum based hydraulic fluids HF; HFL
- Water based hydraulic fluids HFA, HFB
- Fire-resistant fluids HFD-U
- Environmental-friendly fluids HETG, HEES
- Machinable material that eliminates long lead times with flexibility to provide same-day delivery
- Made-to-order product, available in wiper, rod, piston and static seal profiles to eliminate tooling costs associated with new sizes
- Sizes available up to 400 mm (15.75”) in diameter; flexibility for same-day service