To accompany AFT Fathom and AFT Arrow, Applied Flow Technology (AFT) releases the Automated Network Sizing (ANS) Add-on Module. The technology sizes all piping and system components in an integrated manner using intelligent numerical searching algorithms to minimize weight and other system costs.
With the addition of the Automated Network Sizing (ANS) Add-on Module, engineers can turn their existing steady-state hydraulic model into an intelligent calculation tool to find cost reduction opportunities in pipe systems.
With the ANS Module, engineers can:
• Apply design objectives to minimize system costs including pipe weight, duct volume and cost.
• Specify design requirements such as pressures, flowrates, velocities and NPSH throughout a system.
• Size a single system for multiple operating conditions, meeting different design requirements using dependent design cases.
• Enforce commonality among pipe groups and parallel/back-up equipment during sizing.
• Reduce energy consumption to meet sustainability goals for a given budget.
• Perform economic cost analysis using Excel imported cost data while accounting for the time value of money and other changing variable costs.