Intergraph Releases Smart Enterprise Portal
Intergraph Process, Power & Marine, part of Hexagon and provider of enterprise engineering software enabling design and operation of plants, ships and offshore facilities, releases Intergraph Smart Enterprise Portal. Smart Enterprise Portal is a web-based information search engine that supports the entire facility life cycle process – engineering, procurement, construction and operations.
Smart Enterprise Portal allows users to easily locate, navigate (graphically and contextually) and create reports on data, documents and drawings that reside in many different sources without leaving the application. If an object is located in more than one file, a different file can be opened with the same object highlighted. Deep-linking technology enables bookmarking for later use and easy sharing with other parties. Testing found that uncached tag queries were returned in less than 1.5 seconds with 150 concurrent users and over 4 million tags, according to the company.
Smart Enterprise Portal key features designed to enhance the overall user experience include:
• Accessible from desktop computer, tablet and mobile device browser
• Makes relevant reports visible to all plant life cycle and project participants
• Ease of re-use for new projects
• Requires minimum configuration and skill level to administer
• Has a thin-client architecture with no installation on client system for easy deployment
• Scalable, responsive and cloud deployable
For Intergraph Smart Enterprise Portal users, the primary benefits are its ability to link multiple data sources together instead of working in silos; to provide all facility life cycle participants with a way to find information quickly; and the ability to be deployed from project to project rapidly, according to the company.