HPS Introduces UniSim Competency Suite
Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) introduces the UniSim Competency Suite of simulation software designed to improve operator competency and speed preparation through realistic training experiences for console and field operators in the process industries. The simulation software offers an integrated training experience that helps industrial facilities address a growing shortage of trained operators, according to HPS.
The UniSim Competency Suite features proven simulation models and new technologies including:
· UniSim Operations: Operator Training Simulator (OTS), plant simulation system allows users to accelerate knowledge transfer by consolidating experience into a concise process training curriculum with realistic process, control and safety systems modeling
· UniSim Curriculum: Customizable competency model aligns and assists in improving critical requisite skills and behaviors; tracks operator progress; built from Abnormal Situation Management Consortium’s research into operator competency
· UniSim Tutor: Knowledge capture and propagation tool; provides a repository for domain knowledge and experiences; teaches and evaluates “what if” reflexes and diagnostic abilities
· UniSim Field View: Interactive, navigable, panoramic view for realistic field operator training; uses actual facility photographs and extends UniSim Operations simulator training to include field operators
· UniSim 3D Connect: UniSim Operations simulator integration and connectivity to 3D virtual environment; provides credible and realistic experiences for field operator