Sierra Instruments Introduces InnovaMass iSeries Flow Meters
Sierra Instruments introduces InnovaMass 240i and 241i vortex mass flow meters. InnovaMass 240i and 241i mass flow meters feature:
• Flow energy calculations: AGA8 natural gas, steam enthalpy, thermal energy/BTU
• Raptor II OS microprocessor is 10x faster.
• FloPro software application improves point-velocity accuracy for insertion version.
• Raptor II OS Flow Engine and MassBalance sensor technology extend range down to Reynolds numbers below 5000.
• Field diagnostics, validation and adjustment through onboard Smart Interface Portal
• Suite of digital communications for turnkey networking & automation
The onboard Smart Interface Portal (SIP) software allows end-users quick access to field validation and meter configuration. ValidCal Diagnostics can be accessed through the SIP or meter LCD display to automatically check the flow meter’s firmware and hardware and report faults to the factory for repair. MeterTuning from the SIP or local display allows field adjustments for the low flow cut off and vortex coefficient Ck. Through the SIP, InnovaMass’ firmware can be updated or repaired in-situ (in-the field).
The InnovaMass 240i/241i iSeries is suited for saturated or superheated steam, gas and liquid applications and measures mass and/or volumetric flow rate. Other specifications include:
• Insertion version for 2 inch (50.8 mm) or greater; inline to 8 inches (DN 200)
• Accuracy of up to 0.7% of reading; temperature to 392°F (200°C); pressure to 1500 psig (103 barg)
• Raptor II OS Flow engine delivers apps: FloPro, qMix, Dial-A-Pipe, Dial-A-Fluid
• Smart Interface Portal (SIP) assures field validation with ValidCal Diagnostics & MeterTuning Datalogging capability
• Three configurable 4-20 outputs
• HART, Modbus, Profibus DP, Foundation Fieldbus, USB, RS-232
• State approvals: CE, cFMus, ATEX, IECEx