Industrial Magnetics, Inc. adds two, rare-earth magnetic circuit selections to their Opti Series of magnetic tubes. The Opti-L and Opti-T circuits are specifically designed to meet the changing needs and requirements facing processing facilities with regard to various compliance and regulatory initiatives.
The Opti-L is a large-tube magnetic circuit with over 12,000 gauss designed for product applications with poor flow characteristics or bridging tendencies. The Opti-T is a high-temperature circuit with durability and heat tolerance up to 356°F.
The Opti Series addresses new standards for magnet separators set forth in schemas such as FSMA, HACCP, GFSI, BRC, FSSC and SQF. Each circuit is designed to optimize values that have been identified and earmarked as critical measurements for the specification, purchase, audit, verification and validation requirements for magnetic separation equipment and meets a minimum and measurable threshold of repeatable magnet performance.
There are now six, rare-earth circuit configurations in the Opti Series family. The Opti Series includes:
- Opti-B™: Balanced circuit ideal for abrasive applications, featuring a high-performance blend of 9,500 gauss and 16.7 lbs. of pull strength on a 1/2” ball
- Opti-G™: Circuit which optimizes magnetic field at 12,000 gauss
- Opti-H™: HACCP International Food Safety Programme Certification-approved circuit with over 11,000 gauss and 106 oz. of pull strength on a 1/4” ball
- Opti-L™: Over 12,000 gauss large tube circuit for products having flowability issues, bridging tendencies.
- Opti-P™: Circuit which boasts an industry-best of 119 oz. of pull strength on a 1/4” ball
- Opti-T™: High-temperature Rare Earth circuit with high durability and heat tolerance up to 356°F