Yaskawa Launches Z1000U HVAC Matrix Drive
The Drives & Motion Division of Yaskawa America, Inc. announces the release of the Z1000U HVAC Matrix Drive. The HVAC Matrix Drive (Z1000U) provides low harmonic distortion in a space-saving design.
Yaskawa’s matrix technology employs a system of nine bi-directional switches arranged in a matrix to convert a three-phase AC input voltage directly into a three-phase AC output voltage. It eliminates the need for a rectifying circuit and a DC bus. Matrix technology reduces total harmonic distortion levels to less than the IEEE compliance standard of 5% without the need for reactors and filters. A smoother current waveform reduces stress on the system power supply and infrastructure, according to the company. Reduced distortion also improves displacement power factor to 0.98 through the entire load and speed range.
The HVAC Matrix Drive also features:
• Integrated input fusing to provide 100kA SCCR
• Eco-mode to achieve near across-the-line THD
• Integrated C2 EMC filter
• Embedded BACnet communications (BTL Certified)
• Multi-language LCD operator with hand/off/auto and copy function
• Internal real-time clock for event stamping
• High carrier frequency (low motor noise) capability
• 0-400 Hz output frequency
Available NEMA 1 models include ratings of 1 to 100 HP (208V) and 7.5 to 350 HP (480V). Z1000U is offered as a stand-alone drive and in packaged bypass and configured solutions.