Software Improves Operations Visibility
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. released MC Works64, a PC-based supervisory control and data acquisition software suite that improves the visibility of manufacturing operations, according to the company. It supports graphical user interfaces, alarm and event management, and data logging and trending.
Other key features of MC Works64 include:
- Vector-based 2D and 3D graphics to contextualize data
- Visibility for geographically dispersed assets
- Grid visualization of large data sets
- Advanced application event scheduling
- Centralized configuration and runtime interface
- OPC-UA connectivity offering universal connectivity to data
MC AppBuilder, a component of MC Works64, combines database technology with a user-friendly web interface to associate graphic symbols, faceplates, control programs and various types of communication interfaces into a single location. Aggregating this data into a common database automatically generates monitoring screens, PLC programs and OPC communication settings.