Mokon redesigns its Duratherm MAX water system line to incorporate a top air discharge to direct waste heat away from personnel, increased mechanical compartment ventilation, greater access to components for maintenance and improved overall performance of the system, according to the company.
Mokon’s Duratherm MAX is a line of high-performance water systems with temperatures up to 380°F (193°C) and system pressures up to 300 PSI (20.7 Bar). Duratherm MAX is suited for restrictive processes and high-temperature water applications.
The Duratherm MAX design features a stainless steel heater vessel designed and tested to ASME standards. The system utilizes nonferrous and stainless steel materials of construction and a seal-less magnetic drive turbine pump fitted with a stainless steel impeller. The Duratherm MAX incorporates a fan-cooled heat exchanger that reportedly provides cooling of the process fluid and eliminates thermal shock, flashing to steam, mineral buildup and expansion noise.
Standard features of the Duratherm MAX system include:
• Temperatures up to 380°F (193°C) and system pressures up to 300 PSI (20.7 Bar)
• Single zone configurations
• Up to 24 kW heating capacity
• 1-1/2 to 5-1/2 Hp pumping capacities
• Magnetic drive seal-less turbine pump
• Stainless steel heater vessel designed and tested to ASME Code
• Air-cooled heat exchanger for rapid cooling
• Microprocessor-based controller in accessible panel
• SCR power controller
• NEMA 12 rated electrical enclosure with safety door disconnect switch
• cULus 508A labeled electrical panel
• Meets NFPA 79 electrical safety standards