Cortec publishes a new brochure covering its latest corrosion protection products featuring VpCI inhibitors. According to Cortec, VpCI technology is one of the safest methods for preventing and diminishing severe damage caused by corrosive process streams. VpCI treatments eliminate loss due to rust, pitting, stress corrosion cracking (SCC) and other forms of corrosion.
Cortec’s VpCI technology reportedly:
• Disperses in water, oils and solvents
• Formulates easily, requires no surface preparation
• Protects multi-metals
• Remains compatible with biocides
• Does not alter emulsion properties
• Protects against SCC (stress corrosion cracking) and HE (hydrogen embrittlement)
• Prevents further corrosion of ferrous surfaces
• VpCI layer does not have to be removed prior to processing
• Does not interfere with operation of mechanical and electronic components
Cortec VpCI Water Treatment line provides continuous protection to boilers, heat exchangers, cooling towers and steam condensate lines from the harmful effects of corrosion. VpCI inhibitors keep the system free from pitting, aggressive scaling and oxygen corrosion while preventing costly damages and reducing maintenance time, according to Cortec.
VpCI technology protects systems that have a high ratio of residual water, as well as systems exposed to halogens, sulfide and hydrogen. VpCI inhibitors are especially effective in low areas in the system where water can collect and cause extreme corrosive attack. VpCI technology protects metals against humidity and corrosive industrial, marine and tropical atmospheres.
For more information, visit: www.cortecvci.com