The Rembe Q-Rohr flameless explosion vent is certified for use with metal dusts in accordance with EN 16009 and compliant with NFPA standards. Q-Rohr is certified for iron, steel, silicon and aluminum dusts. When used in combination with the new Q-Flap NX explosion isolation valve, certified in accordance with En 16447 and for metal dusts, as well as compliant with NFPA standards, the Q-Rohr ensures the safety of plant equipment, buildings and employees in the event of an explosion, according to the company.
Heat generated from a metal dust explosion can reach temperatures of up to 5400°F but is cooled very efficiently by energy dissipation due to the special stainless steel mesh inset in the Q-Rohr. The inset reduces the volume of the escaping heat and extinguishes the flame. In addition, the typical pressure increase and noise in the plant resulting from an event are reportedly reduced to a barely perceptible level. The stainless steel mesh also ensures that no burned or unburned dust particles escape.
The Q-Rohr is mounted using standard flanges. No special training or knowledge is required and the product is installed in just a few minutes. Installation of a replacement after an explosion is equally quick, which reduces the resulting production downtime significantly.
Advantages of flameless explosion venting with the Q-Rohr:
• The complete production process remains in the building.
• No running costs either for the disposal of sludge (wet scrubber), shavings or external maintenance. Only a visual inspection is required.
• Proximity to an external wall is not required.
• The signaling unit is integrated for reliable monitoring
• Reduction of the noise level and pressure rise typically associated with explosions to an acceptable level.