On the heels of nearly being evacuated from my home due to a gas leak in my neighborhood, I just watched the latest Reactions video from the American Chemical Society. They’ve got a fun new series called Get To Know A Molecule. This installment explains why carbon monoxide is so dangerous. I have to be careful when I watch these types of videos because I immediately felt dizzy and noticed my slight headache. I went and looked at our CO monitor and it’s got a big old zero in the ppm field, so I’m safe.
Watch the short video to learn more on why CO throws a “molecular monkey wrench in our breathing process.”
Traci Purdum is Chemical Processing’s senior digital editor and lover of good clean air. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.