Siemens releases the new digitally based Sitrans FX330 Vortex flowmeter. The Sitrans FX330 is suitable for HVAC and auxiliary systems and versatile enough for use in many process applications, according to Siemens. The FX330 Vortex flow system combines flow, pressure and temperature monitoring into one two-wire device. This allows for detection over a wide range of process values in one unit:
- Volume flow
- Mass flow
- Standard volume flow
- Heat energy
Product benefits reportedly include:
- Meets IEC 61508 SIL 2 safety standards
- Suitable for use in hazardous areas
- Integrated reduction of nominal diameter permits a large turndown ratio, reducing installation cost.
- Redundant data management allows exchange of electronics without loss of calibration / configuration data.
- Gross and net heat calculation supports advanced energy management.