For applications where large load cells will not fit, Morehouse Instrument Company introduces a series of compact, multi-column load cells. The three new models (25K, 50K and 100K) are packaged in small, stainless steel cans and deliver very repeatable accuracy, according to the company.
The strain gauge load cells offer less creep and better zero returns than single-column load cells. The lower uncertainties of these load cells allow for fewer standards to maintain. The new 25K, 50K and 100K capacities expand on current capacities of 200K, 300K-600K, 750K-1000K and 1500K.
Design benefits are:
- Accuracies better than 0.0125 % of full scale
- Repeatable measurement with multi-column design
- Connector protector ensures durability in shipping and handling
- Rust-resistant stainless steel material
- Temperature compensated
Key case dimensions are:
- 25K model: 2.95” (74.8 mm) W x 3.25” (82.6 mm) H
- 50K model: 2.95” (74.8 mm) W x 3.00” (76.2 mm) H
- 100K model: 4.02” (102 mm) W x 3.75” (95.3 mm)
Wiring is accessible from the side and clearly marked for easy connection: red and black for positive and negative excitation, green and white for positive and negative output, and yellow for shield.