Endress+Hauser launches its line of Proline t-mass F/I 300/500 flowmeters. The thermal mass flowmeters are reliable and versatile for measuring pure gases and gas mixtures. Each has numerous alarm functions as well as bidirectional measurement capability and reverse flow detection.
Whether recording compressed air, natural gas, protective gas or oxygen, end users no longer need to make compromises, according to the company. The all metal sensor design and monitoring functionality of the t-mass F/I 300/500 reportedly offer optimum process measurement. Even when process and ambient conditions significantly fluctuate, t-mass ensures high measurement accuracy (±1.0%) with excellent repeatability (±0.25%). Gas flows with low pressure and a low flow velocity can also be measured easily due to a high turndown ratio. The robust industrial design makes it possible to operate the device over the long-term with minimal maintenance. t-mass F and I can operate at process temperatures up to 356°F and pressures up to 580 psi.
The t-mass 300/500 measuring system is equipped as standard with a “gas engine.” This software model enables calculation of the mass flow of a gas under current process conditions. The gas engine offers other advantages:
• Calculates flow velocity, reference density, corrected volume and energy flow for current operating conditions
• Exact measurement of pure gases and gas mixtures by selecting from up to 22 standard gases, as well as gas mixtures created by combining up to 8 of these 22 gases (special gases on request)
• Dynamic correction for changes in pressure, temperature and gas composition
• Change programmed gases without recalibration
• Switching function for two predefined gas groups via the status input, e.g. for flushing processes with an additional gas
The t-mass 300/500 measuring system has been developed in accordance with IEC 61508, SIL 2 and can be used in safety-related applications. Any device or process errors that may occur are indicated and clearly categorized to NAMUR NE107 standards. The t-mass 300/500 is equipped with alarm functions used for immediately detecting unwanted condensate drops on the sensor or pulsating flow, and it can measure and account for gas flows in both flow directions and detect reverse gas flows. It is equipped with heartbeat technology—enabling permanent self-diagnostics with the highest diagnostic coverage—as well as metrologically-traceable device verification without process interruption.