GE Digital introduces Remote Operations for Oil & Gas and Chemical Industries, a software and appliance offering that provides remote/mobile employee access to essential equipment monitoring and control functions. GE Digital began offering Remote Operations earlier in 2020 in the power generation industry.
With distant upstream facilities and harsh operating conditions, the oil and gas industry faces challenges in providing safe and cost-effective equipment monitoring, maintenance and emergency response. At the refinery or plant, the global pandemic and economic pressures are triggering both oil & gas and chemical companies to re-think their strategies regarding contingency operations, worker location flexibility and on-site staffing.
Remote Operations provides remote and mobile workers with secure and managed access to equipment controls regardless of type. NERC-CIP and ISA 99/62443 compliant security, multi-factor authentication and operational safeguards enable failsafe control flexibility and cooperation across all staff, on site and off site.
Typical use cases for Remote Operations in the Oil & Gas and Chemical industries include:
• Centralized monitoring of distant and dispersed equipment
• Lights-out operation of distant facilities
• Remote monitoring and controls over refinery or plant equipment
• Mobile controls and HQ collaboration for maintenance crew activities
• Anytime/anywhere access to experts to aid in equipment maintenance
• Remote/mobile monitoring and controls for in-house power generation facilities