Ross Tumble Blenders Now Feature Safety Light Curtain
Ross now offers protective light curtains providing automatic safety shutoff of Tumble Blenders whenever an operator crosses a defined security boundary. Due to the nature of the rotating mix chamber, a safety railing is supplied standard on all Ross Tumble Blenders. The addition of optional light curtains further improves operator safety.
Ross Tumble Blenders provide gentle agitation and are used for dry applications such as powders and pellets in many process industries. They are suited for batches requiring the dispersion of extremely small minor components and low shear intensity. The 1, 5 and 7.5 cu. ft. blenders pictured are equipped with the following features:
• Type 4 finger protection light curtain
• V-cone vessel designed for internal pressure up to 5 psi (argon purge) and vacuum operation up to 29”Hg.
• 50-psig heating/cooling jacket
• Explosion-proof brake motor
• NEMA 4 control panel with Type X purge system, suited for Class 1 Div 1 hazardous locations
• Standard models are rated for bulk densities up to 125 lb/ft3. The blenders shown are specially designed for 400 lb/ft3.