Specialty chemical producer Solenis is named one of “America’s Safest Companies” by EHS Today magazine, a publication covering safety leadership, risk management, industrial hygiene, sustainability and corporate responsibility topics. Solenis was recognized for excellence in creating a world-class safety culture following the principles and ethics of Responsible Care for environmental health, safety and security, according to the company.
Each year, EHS Today acknowledges companies that demonstrate extraordinary commitment to employee health and safety, environmental management and risk control. This year’s award winners include 16 companies from a broad range of industries.
“In order for workplaces to achieve world-class safety, they must look beyond concepts like ‘zero injuries’ and look toward creating a culture that aligns business and safety,” says EHS Today Editor in Chief Sandy Smith.
According to EHS Today, companies under consideration for the award were extensively evaluated for a number of EHS criteria, including:
- Significant top-level management support and extensive employee involvement in safety programs
- Injury and illness rates significantly lower than the average for their industries
- Evidence that prevention of incidents is the cornerstone of company safety policies
- Comprehensive training programs and excellent internal and external communications on the value of safety
- Ways to substantiate the ROI and benefits of safety programs
For more information, visit: www.solenis.com