The National Association for Business Economics (NABE) is offering free webinars on COVID-19 and the economic impact:
Webinar: European Economic Update and Outlook Amid COVID-19
Thursday, April 9, 11:00am-12:00pm EDT
- Sylvain Broyer, Chief EMEA Economist, S&P Global Insights
- Loredana Federico, Chief Italian Economist, UniCredit Bank
- Yael Selfin, Chief Economist, KPMG in the UK
- Jorge Sicilia, Chief Economist, BBVA Group
Moderator: Sarah Hewin, Chief Economist, Europe & Americas, Standard Chartered
Hear directly from economists on the ground in Europe who will provide the latest economic update and outlook for the continent as it continues to grapple with the fallout of COVID-19.
Webinar: NABE Roundtable Discussion: The Results of the NABE Outlook Flash Survey
Monday, April 13, 3:00-4:00pm EDT
- NABE President Constance Hunter, CBE, Chief Economist, KPMG
- NABE Outlook Survey Analyst Sara Rutledge, Managing Director, Real Estate Products, StratoDem Analytics
- Other speakers TBA
The economic fallout due to COVID-19 is just now beginning to come into view in the U.S., with the first official statistics indicating swift and sharp declines in economic activity, as evidenced by the March employment report. The massive fiscal and monetary response surely will soften the economic damage, but only to a degree, as the U.S. economy remains essentially shut down. Economic forecasters, like everyone else, are searching for signs that a containment of the outbreak is within reach, with the hopes that broader economic activity might resume at some point thereafter. Join members of the NABE Outlook Survey Committee for a debrief of the results of the NABE Outlook Flash Survey of U.S. macroeconomic forecasters.
For more information, visit: www.nabe.com