Rupture Disc Holders Can Be Torqued To Correct Static Load Level
Fike recently added the TQ+ to its line of pretorqueable rupture disc holders. The pretorqueable holder allows rupture discs to be installed and then "torqued" to recommended static load levels, properly clamping the rupture disc within the assembly. For added convenience and to reduce the possibility of assembly errors, this can take place at a workbench, rather than in the field where conditions could be less than ideal.
"Pretorqueable holders offer many advantages for both assembly and installation" explained Michael Zitariuk, Fike Global Product Manager. "The TQ+ type rupture disc holder was designed with the ability to be installed in multiple international flange rating configurations, including ANSI, JIS, DIN, and ISO. That makes it quite versatile for a wide range of applications."
Fike pretorqueable holders may also be removed, inspected and re-installed during routine maintenance and plant turnarounds, without compromising disc performance, provided the disc is not removed. Additional features of the Fike TQ+ holder include:
- DiscLoc locator helps prevent inverted disc installation
- Serrated gasket faces per ANSI B16.5 for improved gasket sealing
- Standard stocked size range from 1 to 6 inch (DN25 - DN150)
- Standard overall height dimensions
- High profile or "tall" holddowns available
- Standard in 316 Stainless Steel (other materials available upon request)