Software Capabilities Increase Productivity and Project Acceleration
Intergraph has released the latest version of its 3-D design solution, SmartPlant 3D, with expanded functionality. Customers using SmartPlant 3D typically realize 25- to 35-percent initial increases in productivity compared to other systems, higher quality deliverables and shorter schedules. With the expanded capabilities of SmartPlant 3D 2009, users can expect further time and project savings. Integration of SmartPlant 3D within SmartPlant Enterprise provides both critical integration to other disciplines during engineering and critical integration for capital Project Lifecycle Management (cPLM) for handover to owner operators for the ongoing operations and maintenance of their plants.
The new features of SmartPlant 3D 2009 include:
- Design reuse — A new “Model Data Reuse Wizard” allows users to copy complex systems and the objects nested under those systems to a new destination within the same site database. This allows for the systematic reuse of 3-D model data.
- Enhanced referencing of laser scanning data — Users can integrate laser/pointcloud data with the design model for detailed design and engineering reviews, extending its use into plant revamps and other brownfield projects. The overall value and savings realized through referencing laser data into SmartPlant 3D can result in savings of more than $2 million and 10 percent shortened project duration on an average $100 million revamp.
- 3-D display performance — Designers can perform 3-D navigation (pan, rotate, zoom in/out, fit, view, update, etc.) on even the largest models using high-performance graphics with an order of magnitude improvement in response time, allowing users to move and orient quickly through their largest models.
- Extended modeling capabilities — SmartPlant 3D 2009 offers extended modeling capabilities including fireproofing and solids modeling. With rules-based automation of fireproofing material, SmartPlant 3D saves initial design and modeling time. It also will support sophisticated modeling of concrete structures and complex equipment, which is particularly helpful in industries with many unique geometries such as the nuclear and offshore industries.
- Content — A large amount of content has been added including symbols for flanges, valves, valve operators, fittings and specialty items, instruments, jacketed pipe, cable trays, duct bank, lighting, conduit, HVAC and many more. This content database reduces implementation time and risk, and further assists clients to create more standardized deliverables.
- Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 support — SmartPlant 3D 2009 is fully supported and tested on Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 (XenApp 4.5) for companies using Citrix for virtual deployment and cost management.