Swagelok® has expanded its line of GSI Series weir-style diaphragm valves to include new mini weir-style diaphragm valves in 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 in. (DN 8, 10 and 15) sizes. The addition of the three new sizes broadens the GSI Series offering from 1/4 to 4 in., including both a standard and mini design in 1/2 in. The valves are primarily used in the fermentation of bio track systems and are ideal in situations where smaller line sizes are required.
Designed and manufactured to meet stringent industry requirements, the valves are available with Kwik-Clamp and tube weld end connections. The captured button style of the compressor connections allows for greater ease of maintenance and enhanced vacuum performance. The valves are also autoclavable.
Shutoff valve bodies are forged from 316-grade stainless steel with ASME-BPE requirements to provide integrity, strength and high levels of purity. The valves are available with manual or pneumatic actuation and are offered with a variety of end connections, surface finishes and diaphragm materials.
Additional highlights of the mini weir-style diaphragm valves include:
- Same materials of construction as standard GSI Series valves
- Plastic or stainless options are available for both manual and actuated valves
- 32 Ra max satin standard outer surface finish
- Standard internal surface finishes available corresponding to BPE-SFV3 (30 Ra max), SFV4 (15 Ra max electropolish) and SFV6 (25 Ra max electropolish). Others available upon request.
- Common body size for all mini valve sizes allows interchangeability of bonnet, actuator and diaphragms.