CP50: Bayer Corp.
The company, which created aspirin in 1897, makes health-care products (prescription pharmaceuticals, OTC drugs, and animal health care), specialty materials (plastics and high-performance materials), and agricultural products (for crop protection and home garden care). It operates in the U.S. through Bayer Corp.
Overall Bayer, also referred to as Bayer Group, has some 350 operating companies worldwide. Bayer AG defines common values, goals and strategies for the entire Group. The three subgroups and three service companies operate independently, led by the management holding company. The Corporate Center supports the Group Management Board in its task of strategic leadership.
Dr. Marijn Dekkers
Chairman of the Board of Management
Dr. Marijn Dekkers became Chairman of the Board of Management of Bayer AG on October 1, 2010. He succeeded Werner Wenning, who retired as of that date. <br><br> Dekkers joined Bayer AG as a member of the Board of Management on January 1, 2010, also serving as interim head of the Bayer HealthCare subgroup from May 1 until August 14, 2010. Before coming to Bayer, Dekkers was President and CEO of the U.S. laboratory equipment manufacturer Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Waltham, Mass.
Member of the board of management, CFO
Baumann is the member of the Bayer AG Board of Management responsible for Finance (Chief Financial Officer) and for the Europe region. <br><br> After studying economics at RWTH Aachen University and the University of Cologne, he joined Bayer AG in 1988. His first duties were in the Corporate Finance Department in Leverkusen. In 1991 he transferred to Bayer Hispania Comercial in Barcelona, Spain, to take up a position as controller, becoming assistant to the managing director in 1995.
Member of the board of management
Malik was appointed to the Bayer AG board of management effective Feb.1, 2014. He is responsible for Innovation and the North America and Latin America regions. Malik joined Bayer in 1995 as head of metabolism and oncology Europe in the former Pharmaceuticals Business Group. He subsequently served as head of global medical development before being appointed head of global development.
- Bayer Corp.
- 100 Bayer Rd.
- Pittsburgh, Pa. 15205-9741
Featured content related to Bayer Corp.
Bayer Corp. News
- Bayer Material Science is German Industry Prize Finalist for Chlorine Production Process
- Bayer Acquires Aniline Facility From DuPont
- Two Bayer Processes Among Finalists for German Innovation Prize
- Bayer Material Science Opens DirectCoating/DirectSkinning Technology Cell
- Bayer to Use CO2 commercially as Raw Material for High-Quality Foam
- Solar-Powered Plane Completes Flight Across America
Bayer Corp. Articles
- Conservation: Water Wins Wider Attention
- TDI Plant Pares Steam Consumption
- Operational Safety and Maintenance: Fear Ad Hoc Fixes
- Chlorine Process Pares Power Use
- Bayer Produces Flexible Foams And Blast-Resistant Structural Envelopes; Opens Factory Of The Future
- Chlorine Route Starts Large-Scale Trial
ProductsBesides its line of Bayer aspirins, the company's best-known consumer brands include Aleve, Alka-Seltzer, and One-A-Day vitamins. The Bayer Group markets some 5,000 products. Business operations are the responsibility of its subgroups:
• Bayer HealthCare (http://www.bayerhealthcare.com) makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches. The subgroup has four operating divisions: Bayer Schering Pharma (prescription medicines), Consumer Care (over-the-counter medicines and nutritional supplements), Diabetes Care (blood glucose monitoring systems), Animal Health (veterinary medicines and grooming products).
• Bayer CropScience (http://www.bayercropscience.com) is a world leader in the areas of crop protection, pest control, seeds and plant biotechnology. As a partner in the production of high-quality food, feed and fiber, the company offers comprehensive solutions for modern, sustainable agriculture and non-agricultural applications.
• Bayer MaterialScience (http://www.bayermaterialscience.com) is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of polymers and high-quality plastics. Apart from its polycarbonates and polyurethanes, this company’s offering also includes innovative developments in the fields of coatings, adhesives, insulating materials and sealants. Principal customers are the automotive and construction industries, the electrical/electronics sector and manufacturers of sports and leisure articles, packaging and medical equipment.