The Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA) is sponsoring two panel discussions on the State of Innovation and Industry Transformation and Mega Mergers and the Impact on Global Agricultural Sourcing, and SOCMA board of governors member John Foley, CEO of KMCO, LLC, will give the keynote address during the opening session at the InformEx and CPhI North America trade shows on Tuesday, May 16, at the Philadelphia Convention Center in Philadelphia, PA.
Sessions on the InformEx side include:
Accelerating Value Creation via Innovation and Transformation: Opportunity Beyond the Laboratory Beaker
In his keynote address, John Foley will share his approach and experiences in developing strategic vision, simplifying processes and building engaged, aligned organizations to accelerate top and bottom line growth.
State of Innovation and Industry Transformation
Specialty Chemicals Magazine Editor Dr. Sarah Harding will moderate a panel featuring:
- Michael Ott, president and CEO, Polysciences, Inc.
- Jack Drawdy, vice president - sales & business development, MFG Chemical, Inc.
- Joe Dettinger, director EHS&S and government relations, Bimax, Inc.
Mega Mergers and the Impact on Global Agricultural Sourcing - Managing Supply Chain Thru Consolidation
Moderated by Meagan Parrish, editor of ChemInfo, the session features industry experts:
- Jim DeLisi, president of Fanwood Chemical, Inc. and chair of SOCMA's International Trade Committee
- Alex Polinsky, retired employee of Syngenta Agro and consultant
Sessions on the CPhI side include:
Navigating GDUFA - Reduce Cost and Accelerate Delivery
Expert speakers will explore the role of the Food and Drug Administration Center for Drug Evaluation and Research's Office of Generic Drugs (OGD) in its review and approval of Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDAs). Speakers include:
- John DiLoreto, executive director, SOCMA Bulk Pharmaceuticals Task Force
- Jonathan S. Helfgott, adjunct professor, Johns Hopkins University Graduate Program in Regulatory Science & former acting associate director, Office of Scientific Investigations, CDER, Johns Hopkins