Are you challenged by level measurement issues? Are you looking for more information on control and performance?
This Chemical Processing eHandbook takes a look at how chemicals manufacturers are finding level measurement solutions. Download this Chemical Processing eHandbook and gain access to these articles:
- Neglect Level Control at Your Peril: This first article in a four-part series examines reset mode tuning issues.
- Be Levelheaded About Surge-Tank Control: Vessels used to smooth out flow pose special tuning issues.
- Understand Ultrasonic Sensor Performance: Frequency, beam patterns and a target’s reflection characteristics all play a role.
- Get Data Where and When You Need It: Advances in level sensor technology help to improve inventory management.
Is figuring out how to choose the proper pump, pick the proper flow meter or select the correct rupture discs keeping you awake at night? Do you want some guidance on how to make these decisions?
This Chemical Processing eHandbook takes a look at how chemicals manufacturers are making the right selections. Download this Chemical Processing eHandbook for insights and information on:
- Defeat A Double Whammy: Select the proper pump to handle low suctions head and cavitation.
- Pick the Proper Flow Meter: Consider a wide range of factors to determine the optimal choice.
- Choose Rupture Discs Wisely: Selecting the correct pressure relief method and configuration depends on a variety of factors.
Combustible dust explosions are a known hazard in chemical processing,and metal dusts pose a unique danger. Learn why this concern is growing in urgency and the steps industry regulators and technology leaders are taking to improve risk mitigation. Download the whitepaper now.06/28/2016
Are you looking for proactive solutions to pollution issues? Pondering 2016 regulation challenges? Looking to improve safety, sustainability and cost savings? Considering how to select the right VOC abatement method?
This Chemical Processing eHandbook takes a look at how chemicals manufacturers can meet some of the challenges of Pollution Control issues before they start. Download this Chemical Processing eHandbook for insights and strategies including:
- 2016 Presents Regulation Challenges: Legislation will focus on unfinished business, work plan chemicals and green chemistry efforts?
- Plants Plug Away at Leaks: The quest for improved safety, sustainability and cost savings drives efforts to reduce fugitive emissions.
- Select the Right VOC Abatement Method: There’s no one-size-fits-all approach and use varies greatly by application.
- Increase Sustainability with Thermal Oxidation: The right emission control system can help meet compliance and reduce energy costs.
Are you challenged by wastewater issues? Looking to improve your water quality and cut costs? Wondering about biological water treatment? Thinking about on-site testing to verify equipment performance?
This Chemical Processing eHandbook takes a look at how chemicals manufacturers are meeting some of the challenges of today’s wastewater issues. Download this Chemical Processing eHandbook for insights and strategies including:
• Refinery Tackles Water Issues: Skid-mounted treatment unit improves water quality and cuts costs.
• Really Get Bugged: Biological treatment can handle many industrial wastewater streams.
• On-Site Tests Verify Equipment Performance: Two-stage water treatment pilot study established an effective chemical coagulation protocol.
Industrial vessels of various types are used extensively in the processing of chemicals, petrochemicals, and pharmaceuticals. Applications commonly involve storage or process tanks, drums, blenders, reactors, kettles, mixers, fermenters or shipping containers. In addition, reusable totes and intermediate bulk containers (IBCs) provide for convenient and cost-effective storage and transport. The cleaning of this essential equipment, however, has long been a challenge.
In this Chemical Processing special report learn more about:
How modern impingement cleaning technologies improve safety and sustainability
How one chemical company profits from faster cleaning turnarounds and fully clean totes
Are you feeling challenged by the task of improving your heat exchanger efficiency? Do you have questions about fluids allocation and more efficient tube cleaning?
This report sponsored by NLB takes a look at how manufacturers are meeting these challenges. Download this special report for insights and strategies including:
- Pick the Right Side: Allocating fluids in a tubular exchanger demands care.
- Clean Tube Bundles Efficiently: High-pressure automated water jetting speeds cleaning and reduces downtime.
Salt water, sour gas and other corrosives play havoc with metallic instruments and vessels. However, the use of correct materials can prevent failures and resulting damage. So where can you find guidance as to how to select the right metals? The National Association of Chemical Engineers (NACE International) sets standards "To protect people, assets and the environment from corrosion". Learn more about NACE and their processes by viewing this paper.05/24/2016
Are you looking for more information about handling powders?
Do you want to prevent problems before they start and consider alternative methods?
This Chemical Processing eHandbook takes a look at how chemicals manufacturers are meeting the challenges of handling powders. Download this Chemical Processing eHandbook for insights and strategies including:
- Prevent Problems with Fine Particles: Sampling is crucial and demands particular care.
- Don’t Err About Fluidization: Consider its under-appreciated advantages and broader utility.
- Get the Most Out of Your Sterilization Process: Take a close look at two commonly used methods and their associated vacuum technology.
Identifying the optimal solids content of wastewater sludge, slurries and cakes can provide significant cost savings on chemical additives, haulage and incineration. It also helps optimize process control and ensure a consistent final product.
There are several methods to test for solids content during the dewatering process. This paper will briefly explain the differences between the various methods and will be followed by an experiment to test the most common form of solids analysis - the oven method - against the advanced technology of the Computrac® MAX® 4000XL Rapid Loss-on-Drying Moisture and Solids Analyzer. The MAX® 4000XL will prove to be just as accurate as the standard reference method while being significantly faster and less dependent on operator technique.05/17/2016
Are you feeling stressed about your steam systems? Feeling challenged by issues such as energy loss, hot surfaces, plant downtime and personal injury risks?
This Chemical Processing eHandbook takes a look at how to keep your cool when things get hot in your steam system management. Download this Chemical Processing eHandbook to discover insights and information on:
• Improving Insulation: Hot surfaces can lead to significant energy losses and pose personal injury risks.
• Don’t Get Steamed: Avoid plant downtime and potential injuries by addressing steam-generation chemistry issues.
• Changing Your Approach to Steam System Management: Improve plant productivity and reduce unplanned downtime with this three-step process.
Guided wave radar (GWR) technology has been used successfully in industrial applications for over a decade. But not all applications are created equal. There are many factors that determine whether a GWR transmitter will perform well in a given application. One especially significant factor is the difference between the desired signal from a level surface and unwanted reflections that interfere with this signal, known as “signal-to-noise ratio.” Learn how signal-to-noise ratio can impact the performance of GWR transmitters.
Download the white paper now.05/03/2016
Wet scrubbers and dry media dust collectors are two very different technologies used to capture dusts generated during production processes. Both types have inherent advantages and disadvantages. Which is best for your application? The choice is not always clear-cut, but this white paper will help with the decision process by providing a comparison between wet and dry dust collectors. It will outline general parameters for equipment selection with respect to dust properties including combustibility, explosibility, particle size, moisture and adhesiveness. It will also discuss how to apply NFPA 484: Standard for Combustible Metals, the standard that best addresses wet collection. Though NFPA 484 is specific to metals, some of its content can and should apply to nonmetal combustible dusts.04/28/2016
Are you feeling stressed about how to navigate current refining industry challenges? The downstream oil sector has had more than its share of ups and downs recently. Market dynamics, regulatory forces, and advancing technologies are keeping the refining industry on its toes.
This Chemical Processing eHandbook takes a look at how the refining industry is rising to today’s challenges. Download this Chemical Processing eHandbook to discover insights and strategies including:
• Rising to the Challenges of Today’s Refining Industry: Focus on performance sustainability and safety to navigate a volatile market.
• Taming Your Transient Operations: Use a special method to identify and address potential hazards.
• Minimize Oil and Gas Refinery Downtime: Shutdown and turnaround logistics become easier to coordinate with operational planning tools.
• Take the Guesswork Out of Corporate Safety: Several key elements help drive long-term success of world-class safety programs.
• Improve Vacuum Tower Performance: Advanced temperature measurements can help increase yield and product quality.
This Chemical Processing Flow eHandbook, Foil Flow Failings, takes a look at how manufacturers are meeting some of today’s flow system challenges. Are you faced with the challenge of understanding when to use piston and diaphragm devices for precise liquid dosing? Do nozzle nightmares keep you awake at night? Do you know the best possible options for sidestripper control? Do you want to learn more from a case study on specialty lubricants and press-fitting technology?
Download this Chemical Processing eHandbook now for insights and strategies including:
- Mastering Meter Pumps: Understand when to use piston and diaphragm devices for precise liquid dosing
- Nix Nozzle Nightmares: Don’t forget to check nozzle locations when altering towers
- Carefully Consider Sidestripper Control: Analysis of three possible options provides important insights
- Case Study: A producer of specialty lubricants speeds pipe installation using press-fitting technology
Have you ever received a call in the middle of the night because of a plant operational crisis that took longer to correct than you would like? What you may not know is that modeling technology, which solves these kinds of complex process issues, can be accessed by your team through an easy to use Microsoft Excel® interface. Download this white paper today and discover how your company can build a model-based culture to improve plant operations and performance.04/06/2016
This Chemical Processing Water/WastewatereHandbook, Waylay Water Systems Woes, takes a look at how manufacturers are meeting some of today’s water system challenges. Are you faced with the challenge of properly applying plastic piping? Is PH troubleshooting concerning you? Would you like to learn more about treating condensate water with activated coconut based carbon?
Download this Chemical ProcessingeHandbook nowfor insights and strategies including:
- Properly Applying Plastic Piping: Use of such piping requires careful consideration of a number of issues.
- Succeed at PH Troubleshooting: Heed some pointers to properly diagnose the cause of a problem.
- Treat Condensate Water with Activated Carbon: High-purity coconut based carbons reduce silica leach, rinsing requirements
Take a closer look into how technological improvements over recent years have catapulted ultrasonic flowmeters into the forefront of measurementation in the chemical industry.
Download the whitepaper now.03/15/2016
Are you looking for more information about solids processing operations? The practice of chemical engineering underpins chemical processing. Universities teach design methods for unit operations such as distillation and heat transfer. However, colleges seldom cover solids processing operations. If any discussion takes place, it only focuses on basic particle physics issues related to drag and turbulence. Yet, many processes require extensive handling of solids.
This Chemical Processing eHandbook takes a look at how chemicals manufacturers are meeting the challenges of solids processing head on. Download this Chemical Processing eHandbook for insights and strategies including:
• Solve Solids Processing Conundrums: Understand more about the unique issues posed by solids and why it is crucial for success.
• Measure Viscosity to Improve Your Mixing Process: Get tips on how to select the proper measuring instrument to better monitor your product quality.
• Make Some Sense of Sensors: Learn more about the variety of solutions that exist for flow level detection and inventory management.
• Consider Used Equipment: Get some guidelines to help you select the right pre-owned machine for an application.
Explosion proof LED lights are highly applicable in facilities where dangerous gases and dust are present. Confined spaces in such establishments entail numerous obstacles for workers, inspectors and operators, due to the location’s isolated and unpredictable nature. Applying the right explosion proof lights in a facility can greatly improve safety in the workplace and minimize risks related to fire hazards, explosions and accidents.
This paper covers the following about explosion proof LED lights:
- Explosion proof LED lighting design
- Regulatory and classification compliance
- Best practices for usage and safety in confined spaces
- Latest trends in explosion proof LED lighting products
Larson Electronics, a leading industrial lighting company, provides an extensive selection of explosion proof LED lights for fast-moving sectors, businesses and large-scale projects. Download the white paper now.02/16/2016