This Chemical Processing eHandbook takes a look at some of today’s mixing challenges for chemical manufacturers and some of the best practices that can be implemented to help along the way.
Download this Chemical Processing eHandbook for insights and strategies including:
- Prevent Problems with Fine Particles: Sampling is crucial and demands particular care.
- Quickly Estimate Reagent Addition Time: A simple equation suffices in many situations involving batch reactors.
- Understand Powder Flow Characteristics: A powder’s variables and external factors will greatly impact blender size and type.
Half the battle with flow is choosing the proper equipment. Indeed, flow meter selection and specification is crucial. With the wrong choice you’ll be floundering or worse. In addition, process engineers identify “oversizing” as the number one control valve problem. In this Chemical Processing Flow eHandbook, we identify tips to improve flow including:
- How to match the flow meter to the service
- How to handle more flow
- How to properly size control valves
- How to tackle biogas flow measurement challenges
Learn more about these best flow practices. Download your copy of this Chemical Processing Flow eHandbook now.01/28/2015
Even though thermal-fluid heating systems have been widely used for over 80 years, they still provoke a certain amount of fear and trepidation in users. This anxiety is reinforced by any number of horror stories that usually involve systems that suddenly develop a "problem" after years of trouble-free operation. This Chemical Processing Special Report: Make the Most of Heat Transfer Fluids delves in to the issues surrounding heat transfer fluids. Learn about:
- Thermal fluids - dispel common myths about hot oil systems
- Avert oxidation - how nitrogen can serve as an inert barrier to prevent heat-transfer fluid from contacting atmospheric air through the expansion tank
- Steam vs. hot oil - a key tradeoff complicates the choice between steam and a hot oil system to heat water
This concise, compelling overview of best practices in purchasing and maintaining ethylene valve packages is an essential read for industry professionals. The white paper will tell you how to: 1) Select the right seats and seals; 2) Select the right coating materials; 3) Know the quality of the valves you're buying; 4) Find a trusted single resource for your valve package purchases; 5) Keep up with required maintenance.10/15/2013
Heat transfer fluids -- from mineral oils to synthetic and organic-based formulas -- are the lifeblood of many critical operations within the process industries. This special, interactive PDF looks at how plant personnel can better understand various fluids and fluid properties, and track the performance of their entire heat transfer system.03/21/2011
NELES rotary control valves with Q-Trim have greater capacity than comparable globe-style linear valves with noise reduction trims widening rangeability, reducing weight and valve dimensions, and a 50% cost reduction compared to linear valves of comparable Cv. NELES rotary control valves from Metso Automation. Intelligent Reliability leads to Intelligent Results.06/16/2008
This 295-page PDF whitepaper is a control valve resource that has been consistently updated for 30 years. It contains vital information on control valve performance and latest technologies.04/04/2005
1-7 of 7 < | | | >
1-7 of 7 < | | | >