Automation Solutions for Regulated Industries
The regulated industries (pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies) are seeking ways to improve operational effectiveness. One of the key elements to improve operator effectiveness is the use of advanced automation systems such as Experion PKS. Experion provides features that improve usability, process performance, and maintainability,including maintaining regulatory compliance.
The Experion PKS process knowledge system is the most advanced automation solution for the regulated industries. The technology incorporated into Experion PKS is based on years of experience in the process and FDA regulated industries. This depth of experience resulted in Experion PKS having a unique set of features that are ideally suited for the FDA regulated industries.
Successful use of automation in the regulated industries requires three things: an experienced project execution team, system support throughout its expect life cycle, and an automation system specifically designed for use in these industries. An automation system for the regulated industries needs to provide:
- A scalable system to address the wide range of applications in these markets
- Features that help manage the cost of compliance by providing native capabilities for electronically managed configuration management and 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
- Features that minimize Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by using a global database, minimizing system footprint, and supplying high performance, high capacity controllers
- Features that help optimize production cycle time such as providing controller-based batch recipe execution
- Reporting and analysis tools to generate reports that document process execution, enable process improvement, and facilitate analysis of exceptions.
Author: Honeywell | File Type: pdf
Find more white papers on Automation & IT