Perspectives: Automation Strategies
Upgrading control systems could be the biggest single issue many process and batch automation system end-users face today. ARC Advisory Group estimates that the combined value of the installed base of automation systems now reaching the end of their useful lives is approximately $65 billion. This represents a big opportunity for end-users in the chemical process industries and their automation suppliers alike.Read More
More from this perspective...
- Sep 29, 2015ARC Advisory Group Insight provides general guidelines.
- Aug 11, 2015ARC reviews takeaways on information-driven asset performance.
- Apr 7, 2015ARC believes they will improve simplicity, flexibility and efficiency.
- Mar 4, 2015The largest benefit to end users is the de-coupling of automation software from hardware.
- Jan 27, 2015Fast, accurate and reliable analysis of raw materials, work in process and finished product quality is critical.
- Jul 9, 2014Goal is to automate and reduce maintenance costs while sustaining benefits
- Jun 3, 2014Standards, IT technology, cloud-based solutions and advanced analytics work in concert to improve operations.
- Apr 24, 2014What you want to accomplish determines which approach is better to use.
- Mar 17, 2014Industry has an opportunity to lead the revolution.