Perspectives: Automation Strategies
Clearly, we've already started to see effective use of emerging technologies such as Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) enabled remote condition monitoring and Big Data analytics for predictive maintenance and similar offline applications, but process engineers in chemical plants around the world are interested in knowing if and how emerging technologies can be used to improve their actual production process and product quality.Read More
More from this perspective...
- Oct 12, 2016When migrating an existing control system to a different supplier’s platform, it’s important to “look under the covers.” Part 3 in a three-part series.
- Jan 14, 2016Unveiling the challenges and benefits of alternative approaches for system migration.
- Nov 17, 2015Determining when to migrate to a new system and developing a process for the upgrade projects.
- Sep 29, 2015ARC Advisory Group Insight provides general guidelines.
- Aug 11, 2015ARC reviews takeaways on information-driven asset performance.
- Apr 7, 2015ARC believes they will improve simplicity, flexibility and efficiency.
- Mar 4, 2015The largest benefit to end users is the de-coupling of automation software from hardware.
- Jan 27, 2015Fast, accurate and reliable analysis of raw materials, work in process and finished product quality is critical.
- Jul 9, 2014Goal is to automate and reduce maintenance costs while sustaining benefits
- Jun 3, 2014Standards, IT technology, cloud-based solutions and advanced analytics work in concert to improve operations.
- Apr 24, 2014What you want to accomplish determines which approach is better to use.
- Mar 17, 2014Industry has an opportunity to lead the revolution.