Perspectives: Automation Strategies
With few exceptions, control architecture has changed little over the past 40 years. However, advances in processing power, network technologies and software will enable greater value for end users in the near future by changing the way controllers are implemented and interface to the field.Read More
More from this perspective...
- Mar 4, 2015The largest benefit to end users is the de-coupling of automation software from hardware.
- Jan 27, 2015Fast, accurate and reliable analysis of raw materials, work in process and finished product quality is critical.
- Jul 9, 2014Goal is to automate and reduce maintenance costs while sustaining benefits
- Jun 3, 2014Standards, IT technology, cloud-based solutions and advanced analytics work in concert to improve operations.
- Apr 24, 2014What you want to accomplish determines which approach is better to use.
- Mar 17, 2014Industry has an opportunity to lead the revolution.