Perspectives: Automation Strategies
Virtualization is the separation of an IT resource from specific physical hardware. This property is usually managed by a specialized software layer called a hypervisor, which provides another abstraction layer beyond that used by computer operating systems. Virtualization can be applied to servers, storage, desktops and networks and offers better security and easier system administration.Read More
More from this perspective...
- Jan 27, 2015Fast, accurate and reliable analysis of raw materials, work in process and finished product quality is critical.
- Jul 9, 2014Goal is to automate and reduce maintenance costs while sustaining benefits
- Jun 3, 2014Standards, IT technology, cloud-based solutions and advanced analytics work in concert to improve operations.
- Apr 24, 2014What you want to accomplish determines which approach is better to use.
- Mar 17, 2014Industry has an opportunity to lead the revolution.