Sampling Valves Utilize a Rack and Gear Combination
Strahman Valves has announced the availability of its "Quick Advance" (QA) sampling valve. The QA line of valves has been designed for use with the thick slurries and viscous material found in the pulp and paper, mining and refining industries, as well as numerous others.
The valves utilize a rack and gear combination that provides a full piston motion, while the handle only travels one-third of a turn. The smaller turn ratio requires less labor to collect a true, representative sample. The QA design provides for less dead space within the valve vessel and line connection, eliminating the need for first purging the valve prior to sampling. (The piston provides a self-cleaning or self-pigging action during its closing stroke.)
All Strahman QA Series Sampling Valves feature a safety stop detent that prevents the valves from opening under pressure and are available with standard packing rings and zero or two-inch piston extensions.
The QA Sampling Valve line:
- Is compliant with ASME B16.34, ASME B31.3 and ASME B16.10 design standards.
- International standards include ANSI, DIN, JIS and API.
- Comes in a range of materials, including carbon steel, stainless steel, titanium, Hastelloy, duplex steel, monel, inconel and chrome-moly steels.
- Comes with a standard cast design and is available in fabricated forged and bar stock designs.
- Incorporates quality in its design to API Fire Safety requirements, using graphite rings.