Software Increases Usability and Productivity
InduSoft Web Studio Version 6.1 Service Pack 5 (SP5) introduces several new features including Studio Mobile Access (SMA), the option to run as a Windows service and custom display resolutions. SP5 also offers performance improvements and general enhancements, making InduSoft Web Studio more powerful and easier to use than ever before.
The first new feature, Studio Mobile Access (SMA), allows any Web-enabled smartphone or mobile device to display vital information about your machine or process. Operators and maintenance staff will be able to see alarms, process variables and parameters remotely with InduSoft's SMA feature. Use your Windows Mobile Pocket PC, BlackBerry, iPhone, Motorola RAZR or other device to acknowledge alarms and update process variables directly from the mobile device. Besides acknowledging alarms, text comments can be added to alarms. By adding comments, IWS continues allowing the creation applications that are 21 CFR Part 11 compliant. SMA allows operators to keep the process/machine running efficiently without being at the immediate location.
The second new feature added to InduSoft Web Studio is the ability to run as a Windows service. This virtually eliminates accidental shutdown of critical applications by operators. Because increased uptime is mandatory in today's facilities, running as a service also allows IWS to start even when no users are logged on to the computer. This is designed for remote installations or recovery from power failures. Running IWS as a service also secures the system against unauthorized users from making any changes before launching the graphic interface.
The third new feature allows the creation of applications for custom display resolutions. IWS can create applications for resolutions as small as 240 x 240 up to 10000 x 10000 pixels. Standard selections are still available such as QVGA (320 x 240), XGA (1024 x 768) and SXGA (1280 x 1024). IWS is future-proofed for devices not yet developed or that by design use non-standard resolutions. You can also deploy your application on an extended desktop, which saves money by using a PC and a remote display rather than two complete PCs. You can even deploy your application as a large marquee or graphical "Andon" board that personnel can see from anywhere in your facility, thus eliminating the need for costly, custom manufactured electronic signs.
InduSoft Web Studio also features:
- A single, scalable (150 to 512K tag), rapid development environment that deploys on any currently supported Windows platform including Windows Mobile, Windows CE, XP, Vista and Server Editions
- Full complement of features — including alarms, OPC, database integration, symbols, recipes, reports, trends, communication drivers and security — at every level of runtime. No need to purchase additional modules
- Enterprise-wide connectivity — no extra development needed to deploy your application screens as Web pages that can be accessed from multiple remote browsers
- Data collection for Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) reporting. No more clipboard collection of data
- Easy interface to relational databases, ERP and MES systems