Hydraulic Institute Announces Update of ANSI/HI Standard
"This new standard establishes a convention that will provide IOM manuals that are consistent and will help pump users locate IOM information in their vendor manuals quickly and conveniently," says Gregg Romanyshyn, HI technical director. "The organization of the manuals has been fully harmonized with the organization of the manuals for Rotodynamic (vertical) pumps, as provided in ANSI/HI 2.4 - 2008 that was released previously." ANSI/HI 1.4 - 2010 is immediately available through the HI eStore at http://www.estore.Pumps.org and is offered at $70.
The content enhancements cover a range of topics:
• Safety Precautions including general safety requirements, specific actions and maintenance suggestions to prevent injury and damage, explosive atmosphere safety, prevention of excessive temperatures, explosive moisture buildup, sparks and leakage. Transportation and Storage Requirements including rigging/lifting instructions, unpacking instructions, storage environment/moisture protection, and specific requirements for short-term and long-term storage.
• New Product Descriptions covering configuration and nomenclature.
• New Installation and Site Preparation Information including site location criteria, seismic analysis of foundation, baseplate leveling and grouting, impeller clearance, motor selection, electrical conduit and boxes, and updated control, monitoring and alarm equipment.
• Operation Procedures covering rotation check information, start-up checklist, valve settings, water hammer, and vibrations causes.
• Maintenance Directions; Troubleshooting; Classification of Pump Type displayed with cross-sectional drawings.
For more information, visit: http://eStore.Pumps.org or call the Hydraulic Institute's purchasing line at: 973-267-9700, ext. 118.