Hydraulic Institute Announces Fall Conference
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) will host its fall conference at the Eaglewood Resort & Spa in Itasca, Ill., from Oct. 28-31, 2009.
The fall conference will aim to provide corporate executives, engineers, marketing and human resource professionals with the latest information on emerging trends, standards, management strategies and legislative issues.
HI attendees will have the opportunity to participate in 22 technical committee meetings. For “Committee Highlights” and the latest technical organization chart, visit www.Pumps.org/09Fall.
A comprehensive management track is integrated into the program for CEOs, marketing and human resource executives. Program highlights include a CEO roundtable, a pump knowledge workshop, as well as an HR network session. Highlights of the special sessions include presentations by leading experts on the following topics:
• Digital Media & Social Networking: Business Goes Social, by Rebecca Rolfes, Executive VP of Imagination and Pat Cleary, Senior VP, Digital Public Affairs for Fleishmann-Hillard.
• Reducing the Risk of Global Trade, by Eric McClafferty, Esq., Partner with Kelley Drye & Warren, LLP, who will address the CEO roundtable.
• Electronic Data Exchange (EDE) – Owners’ Actions to Make it Happen, by Russell Adams, Nuclear Engineering for Dominion and Ken Barry, Senior Project Manager of Advanced Nuclear Technology, EPRI.
• Filling the Leadership Pipeline, by Gene Morrissy, Ph.D. and Senior Consultant of RHR International.
• Assessing for Fit, by Debra Parker, Ph.D., Consultant with RHR International, who will address the HR Network.
• Residential & Commercial Construction: What’s Ahead, by Cliff Brewis, Hon. AIACC, Senior Director of Editorial Operations for McGraw-Hill Construction.
Registration for the 2009 Fall Conference is open to HI members, associate members, Standards Partners and eligible prospective members. Substantial discounts are available to those who register by Oct. 2, 2009.
For more information, visit: www.Pumps.org and www.PumpLearning.org.