Dow Announces Post Close Organization for Rohm and Haas
The Dow Chemical Co. announced the anticipated post close organization for the previously announced Rohm and Haas Advanced Materials Division, which will take effect following the regulatory approval and close of Dow’s pending acquisition of Rohm and Haas. Closing is targeted for early 2009. Pierre Brondeau, currently president and chief operating officer of Rohm and Haas, will lead the Rohm and Haas Advanced Materials Division of Dow.
Drawing on the complementary strengths of both Rohm and Haas and Dow, the new division will be comprised almost equally of businesses and key leaders from each company. The Rohm and Haas Advanced Materials Division will be structured into six business groups. The Business Groups and their leaders are:
• Coatings, which will be led by Luis Fernandez (Rohm and Haas)
• Building and Construction, which will be led by Torsten Kraef (Dow)
• Paper and Textiles, which will be led by Philippe Raynaud de Fitte (Dow)
• Specialty Packaging and Films, which will be led by Patrice Barthelmes (Rohm and Haas)
• Designed Polymers and Separation Technologies, which will be led by Peter Davies (Dow)
• Electronic Materials, which will be led by Yi Hyon Paik (Rohm and Haas)
For more information, visit: http://www.dow.com.