Rakesh Gupta Forum Moderator 29 Posts
Re: Hydrogen vs. LNG27 June 2007 at 1:29pmThe advantages of using Hydrogen as opposed to LNG are:
- Hydrogen combustion does not produce CO2.
- Hydrogen may be available to ambient temperature, whereas LNG requires vaporization.
The downsides of using Hydrogen are:
- Hydrogen is harder to handle than LNG.
- Hydrogen is more explosive than LNG.
- Hydrogen needs to be produced from another source such as coal, LNG is available as such in the environment.
- Hydrogen storage requires lot more space, LNG can be stored in smaller amount of space.
What are the advantages of using hydrogen as fuel over LNG for co-generation plants?
Have an insight or suggestion?
Login or register to post a comment.