CP50: Eastman Chemical Co.
Founded in 1920 and headquartered in Kingsport, Tenn., Eastman is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 10,500 employees. The company manufactures and markets more than 1,200 chemicals, fibers and plastics worldwide.
Mark J. Costa
President and Chief Executive Officer
Costa joined Eastman in 2006 as a senior vice president of strategy, marketing and business development. In 2008, he was named executive vice president and assumed profit and loss responsibilities for the polymers businesses. In 2009, his role was expanded to lead all of the specialty products businesses. During this time, he also served as chief marketing officer and headed the global integrated supply chain as well as Eastman’s global innovation and sustainability initiatives. In 2013, Costa was named president of Eastman Chemical Company and was appointed to the company’s board of directors. He assumed his current position in 2014.
Curtis E. Espeland
Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Espeland was appointed to his current position on Sept. 1, 2008. A native of Geneva, Minnesota, Espeland graduated with distinction from Iowa State University with a BBA in accounting in 1986. He received an MBA with honors in 2002 from the University of Chicagos Graduate School of Business. He completed the Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School in 2008. Espeland is a certified public accountant. Espeland joined Eastman in 1996 and has held multiple corporate and business finance positions.
- Eastman Chemical Co.
- 200 S. Wilcox Dr.
- Kingsport, Tenn. 37660-5147
Featured content related to Eastman Chemical Co.
Eastman Chemical Co. News
- Eastman Chemical Expands Capacity of Carboxylic Acids Production in Texas and Tennessee
- Eastman Chemical to Invest $1.6 Billion in Kingsport Site
- Eastman Chemical Names Mark Costa CEO
- Eastman Launches New Line of Low Volatile Pure Monomer Resin Products
- 'Eastman Insights' Film Series Highlights Successes
- Eastman Sustainable Processing Breakthrough Wins Green Chemistry Award