• CFATS celebrated its fourth anniversary
• Most of the more than 4,700 facilities falling under CFATS have received a final tier
• Most CFATS facilities have also submitted an SSP or Site Security Plan to DHS
• DHS has added personnel to conduct more field inspections
• Preliminary inspections are being conducted by DHS to help facilities complete the SSP and pass final inspections
• We have a better idea of the type of detail DHS needs in the SSP
• The Infrastructure Security Compliance Division (ISCD) has issued administrative orders to facilities that have failed to submit SSPs in 120 days and the response from those facilities has been good so far.
• DHS, the Coast Guard and TSA are continuing to work on harmonization with MTSA and the Freight Rail Rule.
• Online we have a new editing tool for SSPs and a tips document for putting together an SSP.
• DHS has increased outreach to CFATS stakeholders in the chemical industry
Obviously, the list goes on, but these are just some of the things that have been accomplished this year. It is a great start with some excellent momentum. I hope that we can also make some legislative gains next year. I believe we will see more conferences, Webinars and information sharing in general on the topic of CFATS. Again, I will try to provide you with as much information as I can in the coming year.
In the meantime, I want to wish all of you a very happy and safe New Year.
Copyright © ADT Security Services, Inc. 2011 - All Rights Reserved. Legal Disclaimer - Some of the individuals posting to this site, including the moderators, work for ADT Security Services, Inc. Opinions expressed here and in any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the original authors, not of ADT Security Services, Inc. The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by ADT Security Services, Inc. or any other party. This site is available to the public. No information you consider confidential should be posted to this site. By posting you agree to be solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to, or otherwise upload to the Website and release ADT Security Services, Inc. from any liability related to your use of the Website. You also grant to ADT Security Services, Inc. a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and fully-paid, transferable (including rights to sublicense) right to exercise all copyright, publicity, and moral rights with respect to any original content you provide. The comments are moderated. Comments will appear as soon as they are approved by the moderator.