Chemical Processing is now accepting entries for its biennial Vaaler Awards. These awards honor products and services that have significantly improved the operation and economics of chemical plants. Download a PDF document below that details eligibility requirements, award categories, entry details, winner notification and contact information.
Download an application. Applications are due June 30, 2013.
Award categories include:
1. Fluid flow (pumps, valves, compressors, blowers, piping, etc.)
2. Instrumentation and control (sensors, analyzers, automation systems, etc.)
3. Motors, drives and related equipment (including bearings, speed reducers, etc.)
4. Material processing and storage (mixers, blenders, reactors, storage vessels, etc.)
5. Filtration and separation (including centrifuges, mass-transfer equipment, etc.)
6. Heating and cooling (heat transfer fluids, heat exchangers, cooling towers, etc.)
7. Powder and solids handling (feeders, conveyors, mills, agglomerators, etc.)
8. Environmental, health, safety and security (pollution abatement systems, personal protective equipment, hazard mitigation devices, etc.)
9. Software and Internet technologies (simulators, web-based services, etc.)
10. Miscellaneous (including construction materials, corrosion control products, etc.)
The panel of judges will be comprised of a number of experienced engineers working for operating and engineering companies.
Read the article that highlighted the 2011 awards >> 2011 Vaaler Awards: Four Products Earn Recognition