Frank Rukovena is vice president, marketing and sales, for Fractionation Research, Inc., Bartlesville, Okla. Dr. Tony Cai is a senior research engineer for Fractionation Research, Inc., in Stillwater, Okla. E-mail them at Rukovena@fri.org and Cai@fri.org.
1. Moore, F., and F. Rukovena, “Liquid and Gas Distribution in Commercial Packed Towers,” CPP edition Europe, p. 11 (August 1987).
2. Fitz, C. W., Jr., King, D. W., and J. G. Kunesh, “Controlled Liquid Maldistribution Studies on Structured Packing,” presented at Fall National Meeting (Dallas), American Institute of Chemical Engineers, New York (Nov. 1999).
3. Kunesh, J. G., Lahm, L., and T. Yanagi, “Commercial Scale Experiments That Provide Insight on Packed Tower Distributors,” I&EC Research, Vol. 26, p. 1,845 (1987).
4. Rukovena, F., and D. Koshy, “Packed Distillation Tower Hydraulic Design Method and Mechanical Considerations,” I&EC Research, Vol. 32, p. 2,400 (1993).
5. “Perry’s Chemical Engineers’ Handbook,” 6th ed., Robert H. Perry, Don W. Green and James O. Maloney, eds., p. 5-48, McGraw-Hill, New York (1973).
6. Billingham, J. F., Bonaquist, D. P., and M. J. Lockett, “Characterizations of the Performance of Packed Distillations Column Liquid Distributors,” Distillation and Absorption Symposium (Maastricht, the Netherlands), p. 841, Institution of Chemical Engineers, Rugby, U.K. (1997).
7. Kister, H. Z., “Distillation Operation,” p. 35, McGraw-Hill, New York (1989).
8. “Cameron Hydraulic Data,” C. C. Heald, ed., p. 67, Ingersoll-Rand Co., Montvale, N.J. (1994).
9. Spiegel, L., “A New Method to Assess Liquid Distributor Quality,” Chemical Engineering and Processing, Vol. 45, p. 1,011 (2006).
10. “Perry’s Chemical Engineers’ Handbook,” 6th ed., Robert H. Perry, Don W. Green and James O. Maloney, eds., p. 5-15, McGraw-Hill, New York (1973).