Approach may work for a wide range of hydrogenations.
Related reading you may enjoy:
Watchdog office calls for improved assessment and control of chemicals.
Related reading you may enjoy:
What Your Peers Are Reading
Expanding from a plant-based focus provides significant benefits.
There’s no such thing as too large a compressed air line. A common error in compressed air systems is line sizes too small for the desired air flow.
The Environmental Protection Agency provides a variety of references and studies on air pollution.
Is it a tragedy or comedy for engineers? Survey results peak behind the curtain of readers' salaries and job satisfaction
Appropriate attention to a number of elements can preempt problems.
Looking at multiple plants worldwide puts opportunities into perspective
Latest approach to TSCA reform addresses some industry concerns.
Chemical Security Actionmore
- Pressure Switch Handles Multiple Industrial Installations
- Control Applications Boost Usability of DNA Automation System
- AC Temperature Controller Delivers Up to 15 Amps
- Software Manages Batch Processes With Real-Time Optimization
- PCR Workstations Include UV Decontamination to Protect Samples
- Kit Simplifies Installation of Fluidizer Disks
- Piston Trap Station Minimizes Installation Area
- Vented Enclosures Contain Airborne Particulates
Ask the Experts
We've assembled a roster of leading authorities in many fields to help you address technical issues. Pose a question or browse previous questions to find the answers you're looking for.
Recent Questions Posed To our Ask The Expert panel...
- Can you help me design a mixer for liquid soap?Read the answer...
- Is there any method to calculate required mixing hours for the effects of API gravity difference?Read the answer...
- Which desiccants should we use?Read the answer...
- Where can I find information on a simple paddle in an unbaffled system?Read the answer...
- What is the recommended vessel design for a rotor-stator impeller for particle size reduction?Read the answer...
Recent Job Postings
Valuable Career Resources
Put your anonymous Career Profile up today and employers will begin pitching you job opportunities.
Your personal Job Alerts notify you by email of new jobs posted that match your search preferences.
Browse our content library, enlist the help of a trained career coach or simply ask an expert for career advice.
Video & Audio
Traci Purdum, senior digital editor, talks to Rob Boteler, consultant, Confluence Energy LLC, and chairman of the NEMA Energy Committee, to understand why the chemical industry should be concerned about the U.S. Department of Energy's Energy Conservation Standards for medium electric motors.
Control system performance can significantly impact a manufacturer's bottom line. Leveraging automation capabilities through simplified, cost-effective migration to a new technology can protect investments, improve business results and even reduce risks.
See what happens when a sight glass at 3,300 psi is struck with a projectile. This video shows an actual pressure-impact test on an L.J. Star Metaglas sight window. A sight glass is the weakest link in a chemical processing system, and when it fails under pressure it is extremely dangerous. Fortunately, there is a way to give glass amazing strength.
Sean OttewellBiofuels Continue to ProgressThe U.S. and Europe are making strides to advance biofuels technology.
RosenzweigChemical Investments Promise Big Economic BoostShale-gas-spurred projects should create numerous new jobs by 2020
Process PuzzlerProcess Puzzler: Restore Reboiler ReliabilityReaders recommend ways to keep a thermosiphon operating properly
Plant InSitesPut V-cone Meters on Your Short List
Field NotesMove Against Static ElectricityDischarges pose persistent perils at plants.
Energy SaverEnergy Saver: Improve Water QualityReverse osmosis unit offers significant energy savings
Compliance AdviserChemical Safety Standards Could Get OverhauledLatest approach to TSCA reform addresses some industry concerns.
Chemical Processing OnlineContent Reply Feature: Set Us StraightNew feature enables you to comment on content